leaking doors xj

I posted on 4/4/05. not one reply. thanks for not caring.

Reply to
matt campbell via CarKB.com

Sorry, Matt. Sometimes posts get missed.

If the water appears to be coming in thru the triangle vent window, I would suspect the gasket. You should be able to obtain a new one from the dealer. I've never replaced said gasket, but it should be the kind you just pull out and press in with your fingers. If you don't want to replace the gasket or you have and it is stil leaking, I've had good luck with a fine bead of caulking. However, you will be unable to open the vent window when the caulking dries.

You can verify where the water is coming in with the garden hose in suspected areas.

Let us know what fixes it.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

I know on the yj's theres a problem coming in through the window seal and into the cab...I know you don't have a yj, but just a thought....

Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com

Then try reposting, maybe it didn't make it to everyone's newsreader.

And whining about it won't make you any friends here.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I built up the seals with a bead of silicone to cure the leaks. Try the same or ask your dealer about Technical Service Bulletin 235890:

Steve

matt campbell via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Thanks for the replies and sorry for whining I was having a bad day. I will try the fixes and let you know

Reply to
matt campbell via CarKB.com