Letters to Daimler Chrysler

I think Nathans forum category on

that allows you to write an open letter to DC is a great idea. I'd like to encourage people here to make their thoughts known to DC in a civilized manner. Maybe somday they will take notice. Good or bad, right or wrong, make your opinion known. This doesn't have to be anything to do with Nathans lawsuit; if you hate IFS make your feelings known, if you hate the wattering down of the Jeep name... write about that!

To: Daimler Chrysler

To whom it may concern,

As an owner of two Jeeps, I am sickened by your treatment of Nathan Collier. I understood why you took your first legal action against him, and although I didn't think legal action was warranted I never the less understood your reasons. This lawsuit however seems to be a mean-spirited harassment of one of your most vocal supporters. I personally couldn't believe that Nathan started a website that supported Jeep/off-roading after the first lawsuit. He didn't seem to hold any grudges and continued his support. He even purchased a 2003 Rubicon edition Wrangler AFTER you sued him. I never would have supported a company that tried to destroy me.

As I said I currently own two Jeeps: a 1981 CJ-7, and a 2000 Cherokee (bought new). I purchased my Cherokee as a daily driver to use for work mostly but also camping and sight seeing. Although there were many non-jeep choices when I purchased it, I chose Jeep because the Jeep brand has always held a special place in my heart. I can no longer make such a statement. I cannot say anything negative about the Cherokee I purchased, many other people have reported problems but mine has run PERFECT since the day I drove it home from the dealer (67,000 miles ago). Be that as it may, I will never again purchase a new Daimler Chrysler vehicle. My fiancé and I are getting ready to replace her vehicle and I will make sure that a Jeep is not an option. Also when I do get ready to sell my Cherokee, or trade it in, I will not be buying the Grand Cherokee I've always wanted. I will find something else instead; I cannot in good conscience support your company. You have lost me as a customer and I find it hard to believe that there is any way you could win me back. I will continue to enjoy my 81 CJ-7, only because it has nothing to do with your company.

P.S.- My family owns a grand total of 14 Jeeps. You can see them at

although our newest purchase (a 49Willys roadster) hasn't been added to the site. I LOVED JEEP and anything todo with it. If you can lose me as a supporter you have to worry that you aredoing something DRASTICALLY wrong. Sincerely, Kevin Sperle Former Jeep enthusiast

Also sent to Jeep via the "Contact Us" link on their website.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

That should have read:

"This new threat of a lawsuit however seems to be a mean-spirited harassment of one of your most vocal supporters."

I pasted it in this message before I edited my original. As far as I know all Nathan got so far was a cease and desist order threatening another lawsuit.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

hi kevin, your support is sincerely appreciated....moreso than i could express....and i will add only 1 thing. please never let the actions of daimler chrysler tarnish what jeeping really is. "Jeep" may be about trademarks and corporate attorneys, but "jeeping" is about _you_ brother....and me.....and bill.....and jeff...and tom....and tim.....and jim.....and sean.....and ron.....and pete.....and pete again just because hes pete......and cal.....and travis.....and doug.....and jen......and lon.....and matt.....and mike.....and dave....and earle.....and bob.....and casey.....and ken......and paul......and frank.....and david....and will will....and joe....and jerry....and twaldron.....and nearly everyone else here. im a jeeper in my heart no matter what i drive, and i suspect that you are too. thanks again brother,

Reply to
Nathan Collier

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 23:21:57 GMT, "Nathan Collier" shared the following:

GROUP HUG!!! ;-P

*rubs handful of mud into Nathan's hair...and Nathan likes it* :-)

-- Travis

trails!!! :wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
twaldron

thats one of the few things ive always been able to depend on, and always appreciated as well.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

WTF is this all about? DC's suing N. Collier? For what?

Reply to
Jerry McG

now here's a couple!

?id=289&exbio=1 one trolls the usegroups and the other sues if the argument is lost.

Reply to
noone