Liberty CRD

All,

Consumers Reports did a mini test on the Liberty CRD and found that it yielded 18 MPG. The EPA found 26.

What are owners actually getting with the CRD?

Also, Consumers Reports mentioned that the CRD was noisy? How noisy is it?

Thanks all.

-- Walt & Lynda Johnson Cessna A185E with EDO 2790 Floats KB2UOU

Reply to
Walt & Lynda Johnson

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Now Bill...... That is not at all true.

Real Jeepers prefer noise, bad mileage, and fumes

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Real Jeeps leaked as much oil as they burned..

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I did. See where it says "Billy Ray wrote:"

Actually the leakiest engine I ever saw was a '72 Chevy Nova with the 250 cid 6 cylinder that belonged to my girlfriend. The stuff would come right through the side of the block..

Billy Ray

I have an 05 Liberty Limited 4WD I don't have the CRD I have a V6 gas burner. I get an average of 17.6 mpg. I only have 2300 miles on it so far. So unless you specifically want the CRD the additional cost isn't really warranted strictly because of fuel economy. Diesel is running higher than gasoline and the price is dropping slower than gasoline. In the past diesel was always cheaper than gas.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Consumer Reports is about the last place I would go for information on any American nameplate. They have a distinct bias towards American brands in general and Jeep in particular. But I'm sure the Libby is their favorite one yet.

If I need a washing machine, I read CR. If I need a car, I do my own research.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Real Jeepers don't give a rat about Consumer Reports politically motivated opinions on vehicles.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

I've been reading consumer reports for about 30 years now and they certainly have a yuppie/yuppette tree-hugger bias.

Once you understand their bias you'll find them a good source of statistical information.

They have no understanding of off-road issues and requirements and judge SUVs in the same light as they would rate any other vehicle whose use is solely light duty on paved streets.

A quick look at their recommended vehicles confirms this, when was the last time you saw the recommended Buick Rendezvous or Volvo V70/XC70 off-road?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
philthy