Liberty ideas

Howdy. My girl just got a liberty. I think I remember seeing in some magazine a liberty lifted way up with a real axle up front. I know it had to be a totally custom job. I have no experience with IFS, but might it be possible to rip out the IFS and slap an axle in there? Probably with a ton of work could it be done? I haven't had a chance to crawl under there and look. (for the record, I have a TJ lifted and locked) I'm just wondering since everyone craps on IFS. Maybe someone with too much money will do this in the future? I'd love to hear from some engineers or the likes about this. I'm certainly not going to do more than 2 inch spacer lift and 31's for her. Oh another thing, we're in Florida so there's not going to much rockclimbing. We do have alot of rain and mud and sand. (also noticed lots of places for mud to hide in the liberty) but again, haven't been able to get under it yet.

Reply to
Troy

A specialty shop in WA did that mod, and it cost a fortune. It's not something the average home mechanic should attempt, nor is it cost effective.

It's best to keep the Libby parked and take your TJ into the swamps....

John Davies TLCA 14732

'96 Lexus LX450 '00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro Spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies

Wrong, the KJ has an independent front and solid rear. The IFS is enough to make the "not a real Jeep" label stick.

Reply to
Jerry McG

While you're slapping a real axle up front, might as well add a real one in the rear. The Libby has IRS as well. :)

Stub

Reply to
Stubby

Reply to