Locker vs. LS Info?

I have a stock 2000 Wrangler sport (i.e 4.0 engine, 3 speed auto, 3.08 gearing, open dana 35 in back, dana 30 in front), with 31 inch BFG's.

I want to do something about the poor traction for moderate off roading (So. Calif). Searches on "detroit lock", "Jeep locker", "Jeep traction" is returning me some info, but mostly sales oriented stuff. Where can I find unbiased pro/cons of the alternatives to these open differentials (front & back)?

BTW - I'm not likely going to lift it or do anything more significant that put in some sort of differential locking, and maybe regear it. I flat tow it behind a motor home if that makes a difference.

Cliff

Reply to
CD

Go to jeepsunlimited.com, register, and search the archives. You'll probably find more than enough opinions. If you still have specific questions, post in the appropriate forum and you are likely to get several answers. FWIW, I have an '01 TJ that I've run TrueTracs (LSD) for a few years. For the difficulty level of trails we usually do, they have given me what I've needed so far. On the street, you can't tell they are there. If we go to much larger tires and start doing tougher trails, I'll probably go to selectable lockers (like ARBs). We also tow our Jeep behind our MH (probably has more miles towed than driven).

Art

Reply to
Art

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Jerry - thanks, lots of info at that forum. The first thing I'm going to do is try is the emergency brake trick when spinning in sand - a first option that costs nothing!

Reply to
CD

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III