Looking for a Canadian dealer

After close to a year (lack of time on my part) of trying to figure what's wrong with my heater blower on my 2000 TJ. I changed the resistor pack, pulled out the blower motor to test out directly on the battery...I guess now the only thing left is the Dash Control Unit, but when I called my dealer, the thieves want $188 for a new one, so I'm wondering if anyone has a good, inexpensive Canadian dealer that they like to deal with. Thanks

Reply to
Shazam

I dealt with Gemini Sales in BC, Canada when I had a CJ. Peter Kent was very helpful.

I'm not sure about TJparts.

Andy

2001 TJ
Reply to
Andy

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Twenty bucks??? For the entire dash control unit?? When I called my dealer they said I had to buy the whole thing....Thieves!!!!

Thanks for the > That's like about twenty bucks, American?

Reply to
Shazam

Reply to
Shazam

There is an issue with a dash ground wire on some TJ's. This makes the heater fan control not work. The fix is to put a new bolt in it where it attaches to the dash if I remember right.

Mike

Shazam wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

What has led you to believe that your problem is with the dash unit?

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Process of elimination....changed the resistor pack, pulled the blower out, hooked it directly to the battery, and it worked. Recently noticed that on the dash controls, in the off position, it blows a bit, and nothing in every other position...what else could it be??

Claude

Reply to
Shazam

Fuseable links? not saying its not nor could be your "head unit" but before you go spending $$$ you may want to check all your fuseable links. If you find one thats bad make sure you replace it with a fuseable link of the same rating.

Snow..

Reply to
Snow

The switch ground wire on the back of the dash. The low setting is controlled by the heat slider not the fan switch. It is a separate switch.

Mike

Shazam wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I checked all the fuses...the ones near the battery, and the ones in the back of the glove compartement...all good

Reply to
Shazam

Reply to
Shazam

It is half driving me nuts because I can't find where I read about it, but apparently the TJ dash has 2 ground wires, one on each side and if the one on the center side comes loose, the heater fan switch craps out. If the other comes loose you lose some gauges or something like that. If the main plug comes loose, the air bag light comes on and the speedo fails.

The 'TSB' article I read said to replace the bolt holding the wire on.

Mike

Shazam wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I haven't got any Canadians, but I can round up several Mexicans for you ... We have them all over the place around here.

I don't normally deal in this comodity, but times are slow and I could use a few extra bucks ...

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

No not fuses, fuseable links, these will be down on your starter (or starter relay if the two are separate)they are the plus (+) supplies for your electrical system. They may be worth checking out.

Snow

Reply to
Snow

No thanks don't want any Mexicans, its bad enough the have the French Canadians and the Newfi's, but if you willing to take the frenchmen we might go for a 3for1 swap 3 frenchies for one mexican :)

Snow

Reply to
Snow

Why would I do that? I can get the Mexicans to do something, those Frenchmen - even the Canadian ones - ain't worth a hill of beans (no pun intended).

Reply to
CRWLR

You can replace the 4-way blower switch without replacing the whole control unit. The dealers just neglect to tell you that unless asked. About $16.00US.

JD 2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
JD