Looking to get a new MP3/CD head unit. Suggestions

I have a Pioneer (DEH p2000) head unit in my 99 TJ. It's been a great CD/radio unit ,(except for AM reception). I am looking at the Crutchfield site for a replacement and they have a Pioneer(deh p4600 MP), MP3/WMA/CD head unit with remote for $159.00 w/rebate and Harness and Kit included. I used them before and like the way they include everything you need. (Best Buy makes you buy the harness and flashing separately.)

Anybody with a TJ have a head unit mp3/cd combo that they like for under 200.00? I have to replace my speakers in the front and the soundbar because I've busted one of each. I run a Pioneer 240w mosfet amp that feeds mostly my two 6x9 speaker boxes.

Or should I go in a completely different direction if I'm going to spend the money.I'd prefer not to give up any more space for improvements though.

Reply to
Elflan

I've had the 4500 in my XJ for around a year. It has performed flawlessly. I'd recommend it.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Kelly

Elflan ( snipped-for-privacy@geocities.com) wrote on Monday 20 September 2004 04:34 pm:

I'd stay away from any Panasonic products. I have a CD/MP3 Panasonic in my Nissan 300ZX and it skips badly. I'd hate to see what it'd do in my CJ. My CJ, BTW, has a Kenwood 202MR (Marine, not MP3 though), which rarely skips, even off road.

Reply to
Michael White