lost door handle

Towed my 1974 CJ5 home and found that the passenger side door handle came loose and is now in a ditch somewhere. Any good ideas where I can get something to replace it. Or buy two to do both doors. The handle I have left is chrome held on a 1/4 square bar with a piece of 1 inch flat bar welded to the other end. Don't know if there stock or off a replaced top. If anybody has one of these laying around let me know Thanks Tony T.

Reply to
tt

I just installed a set of old doors on my 86 CJ7 and had the latch apart. These are the old paddle latches with the square tube like you are maybe describing?

The threaded square bar is 3/8" and is the same size as the old fashioned skeleton key style house doors. You know the ones with the cut glass knobs from the 40's and 50's?

So I guess you could run with cut glass door knob on the Jeep or check really old hardware stores for a paddle style handle that would fit on.

Mike

tt wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain