Love it - hate it

I love going stomping in mud puddles.. Slinging mud everywhere, making a big mess and knowing that no one will park close enough to ding me when it's that dirty.

but - I hate having to wash it all off again. But it started raining as I finished scrubbing , so I got a free soft water rinse.

Had a guy at the dealership tell me I should take a picture of it, I laughed and told him "Hell, if I want to see it with mud on it, I'll just go find another mudhole to play in"

Reply to
Kate

Salesmen just don't get it.

tw

Reply to
twaldron

Boy, you got THAT right.

Reply to
Kate

twaldron proclaimed:

A few do, they rarely last.

Reply to
Lon

dont let the greenies hear you say that.

....im just the opposite. over the years ive grown to avoid mud whenever possible. its much easier to work on things later if you dont have dirt clogs dropping in your eyes every time you turn a bolt. rock dust is much easier to wash off. :-)

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

This is Tennessee... I don't think they HAVE greenies, or there would be a lot of changes made here. Actually, this place could use a few of them.

Have no rocks nearby, but lots of mud. I'm not really 'rock ready' anyway and I don't want to break shit.

I try to keep the mud from building up underneath to keep the rust away. They salt the roads here.

Twice yesterday my husband said he thought I should get a pressure washer for Christmas. I told him that if that was his excuse to buy one, to go for it. Hardwood floors were MY excuse to buy a nice miter saw.

Reply to
Kate

"its a jeep thing"

writesoon!

Reply to
STURGON

heh.....fair enough.

girl youve gotta rubicon, youre about as rock ready as it gets. :-) im hoping to find a salvage rubicon to serve as a drivetrain donor for my cj build, coming soon.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

I want to get some rails on the sides and better underbody armor. Hubs is designing me something that looks like it will do a good job of keeping my dumbass from tearing shit up. He has some of the materials, i asked him if maybe he could just do that for my Christmas gift. Ya never know!

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Put 'lil Iron in charge of it..... he is the one that rotated your tires afterall.... the same day he was asked...

Have him draw you up a set of rough sketches...

Reply to
billy ray

Hey Sandman! Where you been?

tw

Reply to
twaldron

this year has been prosperous, leaving very little time to play online (including managing my own sites). now that winter is taking a grip things are slowing down and ill have more time to play......maybe even with my cj build.

.....i was hoping that our resident trolls would have gotten bored with bill by now, but i see thats still going too. to bad.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

Trolls are why the software ghods invented killfiles.

-- "I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with whips....r" R. H. Draney recalls AFU in the Good Old Days.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

I thought trolls were the reason god created pointy sticks. :)

Reply to
DougW

Yeah, I dropped off for a few months because of all that crap. Sad to see it's still here. I might split again for awhile...dunno.

Glad to hear you're doing well. Is your garage heated?

tw

Reply to
twaldron

many thanks, and i trust you are too?

heh....definately.....but im moving my projects over to a commercial garage ive leased, more room to work.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

Yep, doing great, thanks!

I'd love to be able to do that, you've got me thinking now. Right now I just store my extra stuff in a nice boat storage unit, but it's 70 miles away, not too convenient for projects. Soon I'd like to do a body off resto on the Baja Bronco, but my tiny 3 car garage would only be big enough if I pushed the TJ and another vehicle out. The CJ8 is a much more simple resto...or are you building a crawler?

tw

Reply to
twaldron

there were title issues with the cj8 so that deal fell through. im doing a cj7 restoration/build but havent had time yet to do anything other than collect parts. while i hope to build a crawler, i still want it to be street legal so it will be a relatively mild build in comparison to some of the crawlers ive seen. ideally id like to drop my cj tub on a rubicon frame/drivetrain but have yet to find the right donor rubicon. finding cool salvage in montana is difficult because of our population, but im not above travelling for the right donor jeep.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

In Colorado they put all kinds of extreme looking stuff, including Jeeps with tractor tires and no fenders, sitting way up high, on the street. The first time I saw one in the City Market parking lot, it could barely fit in a parking space, the tires were so big.

Stay away from anything with "title issues".

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Shouldn't be too hard to find a rolled Rubi... :) What are some issues with a CJ7 body on the TJ frame? I know it's not a bolt on affair.

tw

Reply to
twaldron