Manual to power steering

Can I just take out the manual steering box out of my 95 YJ and install a power steering box? Is it a bolt on item or would I have to switch out the steering shaft out also... I have done Google searches and can't find that answer...

Thanks,

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L
Reply to
Ben

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks Bill.. That is the info I was looking for.. Yeah.. Time to go to the junkyard and see what I can find...

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L
Reply to
Ben

You might be able to order the linkage from some place like Quadratec.

A J20 steering box might be something to consider, since you are just installing this.

--James

Reply to
RocknCJ

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Not all Saginaw boxes are the same. The mounts and the exterior maybe the same, the gearing on the inside could be different.

And in fact, the J20 is different from the Wagoneer which is different from a CJ. I know he is talking about a YJ. I haven't looked at a YJ steering box ratio to know if a J20 box is different.

--James

Reply to
RocknCJ

Reply to