Marbles in transmission???

Hello Group How many people have changed the gear oil in the transmissions with the notorious marble sound effect? I changed mine at 54000 Km's and was quite surprised about the filing build up on the magnet,almost the size of a ping pong ball with larger filings floating in the oil. Although I do realize it is normal for some filings from a new transmission, but I'm thinking it might've been excessive. Changing the oil has seemed to reduce the sound of marbles though. Dang I should've changed it much sooner.

Reply to
FrankW