Master cylinder question.

Guys, one question about master brake cylinder. I ordered and received master cylinder for my XJ with ABS. Everything was OK by part number and year of my rig ('92) but after I received cylinder found that it is different under hood of my car. The one I bought is 4713076 and this seems like correct number for my Jeep but mine has three connections for tubes (on left side- driver side) and three holes - connections for bowl (reservoir). received one has only two connections and two holes for the bowl. Question 1: Is it possible that in factory they fit master cyl. from ZJ in my XJ. I live in Europe but seems like my Jeep came from Canada. Please, Can somebody check his ZJ and tell me what kind of master cylinder he has? In about two months, I will come to USA (I'm a seaman) and find a shop where I can find master cylinder that fits. Question 2: Does anybody live in Freeport, Point Comfort or Pasadena in Texas? Those are ports where I come every 16-17 days and I can go ashore and visit some shops. Thank you very much, I appreciate your help. Davey.

Reply to
Davey

L.W.(ßill)

Hmmm, sounds nice if I live in USA but unfortunately, not. It's hard to find ''donor'' for all those parts. I've been looking to make modification with my existing lines... Anyway, thanks Bill, I will try to do something.

Reply to
Davey

But how it is possible only rear? I found sensors on front wheels also?

Reply to
Davey

My book only shows two masters for your 92XJ.

One has two lines, the other has 4 lines for ABS.

You have 3??

Is that a euro special or something? Could be like Bill mentions maybe just rear ABS? You might have tone wheels all around, but are there pickups?

Mike

Davey wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

No, Bill's drawing is correct. Cylinder is same like on this page. Three connections on left side. Only, I have sensors on all wheels. In Haynes manual I found only those two types as you said. I'm not sure where my Jeep comes from, I think from Canada. I'd like to make modifications to fit this master cyl. I received but I need some pictures and I can not find them on internet. Under hood is a bunch of tubes, regulators, etc. Anyway, my ABS doesn't work anymore so... Bill, do you have any link with pictures of such modifications? How can I know where my Jeep comes from by chassis number? Thanks guys.

Reply to
Davey

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)