moments of stupidity.

Well, being a bit jet lagged after my trip to warm sunny Korea. (dayjob sent me there for two weeks of fun) The ol ZJ had a mostly flat battery. Not a problem, I just roll the car out, hook up the jumper cables being careful not to short the ends and then proceed to try and connect my batter backwards.

The nice spark reminded me of just what a ducking fumn thing I did. :/

Lucked out, I didn't just clamp the jumper on but only brushed it and connected it the proper way.

This getting senile sucks.

Interesting that I didn't take many vacation shots. Could be that it was too damn cold and everything I saw was the same dirty grey color.

Reply to
DougW

In article , DougW wrote: #

Did the PC come with the hotel or was that a box you brought in? I am curious as it's a desktop box vs. a laptop.

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

I had to laugh at the picture of the power lines. Last time I was in the Philippines, I remember sitting on a terrace in the hotel restaurant. We were sitting about eye level with the power lines. I've never seen such a mess of wires in all my life. Many wires hanging there with loose ends and a nest that any bird would be proud of. I hope none of those loose ends were live. :-)

Chris

The PC came with the room. Most of the hotels there had computers in each room but the only thing I do is google and read news on them. I drag a laptop with me all the time.

Reply to
DougW

I like the one pic with the mess of wires, then in pic 4 there is a nice little street with underground wireing, but what I laughed at was you can see at least 5 hydro kiosks on the right of the street, same ones we use here in canada for underground wired subdevisions, but we only have one for every 20 homes or so. So what are they running that they need one every 20 feet.

Reply to
Greg

mostly bars. :)

That's the Sontan (Shinjang) Entertainment District. Lots of shops selling mostly anything. I picked up a nice gore-tex jacket and some souvenirs. You have to watch the quality unless you shop the older shops or have a local Korean guide. We had Miss Kim from the base show us around.

Behind that wide street is a maze of twisty little alleyways and side alleyways with small grocery stores, tailors, shops, and even more bars. I think that was the only place they could put the boxes.

Reply to
DougW

Just out of curiosity, what's the day job?

Nice room btw, and so spacious.

Reply to
T. Greening

Federal Government. ;) Security and Communications Systems

Actually it was larger than the one I had at the Hyatt on the way in. :/

The one at Osan was way better. Computer, large flat screen TV, whirlpool tub.

Reply to
DougW