Most common torx sizes?

hey jeepers...have to rip everything out so I can POR-15 the inside of my rusty sahara...anyone know the most COMMON size torx bits used on the jeep?

98 TJ?

I dont have any, and will run out to sears tomorrow...dont really want to buy a whole set if there are bits that are never, or just rarely, used. T-50 and T-55 for sure I think...what else? Thanks!! 0|||||||0

Reply to
trailboss

Buy a complete set, it will be cheaper in the long run. To answer your question: T15,T20,T25,T27,T30,T55 (not sure what the w/shield or door hinge sizes are on a TJ... maybe T40) Some sets don't come with a T27 but it's very popular in Jeeps... most people get pissed off with Torx when they break or strip because they're using a T25 on a T27 bolt. You'll need the biggun' T55 for seat belt bolts. If you were to buy them individually it would cost more than a set - do the math before you spend. Try to avoid 1/4" drive torx sockets above T20... way too much strain on a small ratchet.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD