My first clunk in the night (kind of long)

We got the front tow hooks, happy day! Now I can go get stuck. I am "hooked up" front and rear.

Hubs tore the front of the KJ apart so he could get them on and so that I could cut the holes in it for access. Since we were messing with the front end I asked him to disconnect the battery (airbags and all that rot) and rather than listen to me gripe at him he did.

What a strange feeling. Taking a brand new vehicle and chopping holes in the front bumper cover. Knowing that if I screw it up it's either going to be very expensive to fix or look like crap..

When it was all done (and a mighty fine looking job too if I might add) we reconnected the battery and I jumped in to reset the clock and radio stations. I was tickled to find that the stations were not lost and that because of the satellite radio it was resetting the clock.

BUT the CD player is funked up. The stereo doesn't recognize it and when we first plugged it back in it started trying to change CDs running through the stack, Click click whirr - click click whirr and on and on. Neither the button on the dash nor the one on the steering wheel could make it go into CD mode.

We went into town and did some running and it kept doing it's Chittychittybangbang imitation -only very softly- after we turned it off. So since we were there I popped into the dealership. The young guy that usually works on Libby came out (he installed the light bar and the skids) and pulled a master fuse of some kind and plugged it back in after a minute or two. Nuthin. He grinned like the cat that ate the canary and told me "Looks like you get a new stereo!"

Now, what in the hell would make it do that? Defective parts or what? Nothing got cross wired or sparked. Maybe it is just a coincidence since I rarely listen to CDs and didn't notice it before.

For the record, as I recall the CDs in the unit are all or mostly all store bought. Unfortunately they will go with the changer to be extracted. Fortunately most people will not like the kind of stuff I listen to so they won't forget to send them back.

I asked the guys in the service department if I could just upgrade to the GPS unit, pay the difference and they said no. Is that weird or what? I even ask if I could swap for the am fm CD/Cassette player, they said no. I really never wanted a six disk changer... *sigh* oh well.

So, looks like Lib is getting a new stereo. Better that than something more serious I suppose. Man, these Chrysler people are weird when it comes to warranty stuff. Ford always had a Hell Yea attitude when it came to upgrading stuff on your rig.

The part that sucks is that every time something gets taken apart, the looser it becomes and more likely to rattle.

*sigh* oh well.

KJK

2O|||||||O5 Liberty Limited Just over 7k miles on the clock.
Reply to
KJ.Kate

So do we get to see pics of the new hooks?

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

Sure, I'll go take some :) BRB

[...]

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Took her in, they swapped the stereo out, said they will holler when my disks get back. I suppose that means when they pry the thing open and dig them out.

Kate

Reply to
KJ.Kate

You don't drive that thing much. We've got 22K on our '05.

Ed

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy

That's what they keep telling me at the dealership! I have nearly 9k miles on it now and have only had it since the first of Sept. A little over 2k a month... when did you get yours?