Need a driver-side soft upper.

I am looking for a Spice colored driver (right) side soft upper for my

03' Wrangler SE. My plastic window cracked when I went to wipe a smudge off of it. I learned the hard way not to touch the plastic when it is below zero degrees outside. I don't want to drop $100 plus on a replacement set when all I need is one. If anyone has one they want to get rid of, and it's in good shape, let me know please. Or if anyone knows where I can find one please let me know. Thanks!
Reply to
Jeepers03

I have a foot sized star shatter in my rear window and several other cracks in my 1986 soft top that I repaired successfully with a product called 'shoe goo' on recommendation from folks here.

My CJ7 windows are roll up and the repairs have all held.

The stuff works great!

I taped the cracks on one side, then applied the goo on the other. It has held all this year on a split right where my soft door window folds down over a metal bar when unzipped and my arm rests there too.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > I am looking for a Spice colored driver (right) side soft upper for my
Reply to
Mike Romain

Look in the Yellow Pages or whatever you have locally for auto upholstery shops. It's not such a hard job to sew in a replacement piece of plastic.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Heck, I even use it on shoes...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
The Merg

Mike,

Does it look 'smudgey' or is it pretty clear?

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

Why would you walk > That depends on whether you get the black or the clear color. I wouldn't

Reply to
The Merg

That depends on whether you get the black or the clear color. I wouldn't recommend black for soft top windows. The clear is clear when you put it on, but once you walk in it, it gets smudgey pretty quick. For a soft top window repair, a lot is going to depend on skill of application.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

He was being a smart ass. The walking on the windows is in reference to 'shoo gloo' being primarily intended for shoe repair.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

Never. It does illustrate how tough this stuff is though. I walk on the outside of my heels and wear down shoes pretty fast. It helps a lot.

For "emergency" repair, clear plastic packing tape isn't bad.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton