need cheap egine

i need an engine for my 1990 jeep comanche pioneer it has a 2.5

thank you and god bless

Reply to
fred25401 via CarKB.com

Where do you live? I have one i just picked up from an 88. There all the same from 88-90.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Be carefull. "Some" states will only let you replace an engine from the same year that of the vehilce (ex: 1990 vehicle must have a 1990 or newer engine). My best guess is that this would apply to those who have emissions testing in their area. Check with your local Motor Vehicle or garage to verify.

Eric

Reply to
eric

And how would the clerk doing the testing know this? As long as the vehicle passes the inspection levels required for it's year, would they even bother checking serial numbers and/or attached equipment? Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea to make your vehicle operate as cleanly and efficiently as possible.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Actually, in some states, they do check the engine serial number as part of the emission certification test. the serial number contains a date code specifying the manufacture date of the engine.

Chris

fred25401 via CarKB.com

Reply to
fred25401 via CarKB.com