Need help identifying part (Sorry if it reposted)

I need help identifying a part I broke on my 1998 Jeep Wrangler Here is a link to a picture of it:

Look at broken part 1 and broken part 2

Parts.com has a picture that really doesn't look the same but I think it's called a 'link'...although it doesn't show the 'Ball joint' type fitting on the top that connects to what I think is called the stabilizer bar?.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

Reply to
Mike

That's your swaybar connector. You need a new one. I'd suggest Teraflex's quick disconnects. Piece of cake to install, even easier to remove at the trail!

Reply to
Eric

Is that located up by the front wheel? If so, it looks like the top of your stock sway bar link has come apart at the ball joint. I don't think you can repair the joint itself, I think you need to get a new link. Fortunately, a lot of people who have lifted their Jeeps tend to have stock links available cheaply, since they usually don't fit after a suspension lift is installed...

Tirya

-- TDC Inca Jeeper A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep.

Reply to
Tirya

Good point. I have a stock link if you want it... you pay shipping and it's yours.

Reply to
Eric

I called Quadratec and they reccommended the Skyjacker disconnects. Anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks!

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Get the new Teraflex ones.

They are the nicest I have seen. Call Bob Suplee. I don't have his number handy, but someone here will. TJim

Reply to
TJim

Bob Suplee snipped-for-privacy@ionet.net

405-799-8977 Supplee 4WD Enterprises 3615 E I 240 Service Rd. Moore, Oklahoma 73135-1733 God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
TJim wrote:
Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Thanks for the offer Eric. I went for the quick disconnects. Ordered the Skyjackers because I thought that the dual disconnect was a good idea so it could be taken off completely on the trail. It also looked a bit more substantial then the Teraflex.

Mike

In article , snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

says...

Reply to
Mike

LOL.

You'll be sorry.

One thing you'll learn, is that if 4 or 5 people on this group tell you the same thing, they're probably right.

Tera's got the best disco on the market.....some people prefer the almost identical, though adjustable style of the JKS disco, but there are no better than JKS or Tera for ease of use, or quality, or probably the most important, QUIET. All the rest make your jeep rattle like someone left a dozen empty soda cans on the floor, and tore off all your exhaust mounts.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keating