Need Jeep Audio Advice

Hello, I have a 1993 Jeep Wrangler/YJ and I am interested in upgrading the stereo. Currently the stereo includes an old Alpine CD Player, and stock speakers (plus soundbar).

I would like to upgrade the stereo as I am a bit of an audiophile, but I have two concerns: security and safety.

I have a better MP3 Deck coming, and I purchased some Kenwood 4"'ers for the soundbar. Now I would also like to get some good 6x9's and possibly a subwoofer.

As to security: I have a Clifford alarm, and am not too worried about theft with the hardtop on. However, does anyone have suggestions for mounting stuff so that it is either concealed and/or difficult to steal? I was thinking about bolting the possible 6x9s, sub, box, amp to the Jeep, and using Torx bolts. Any ideas for mounting/bolting the deck so that it is theft proof? Anyone have tips with regards to this?

With regard to safety: Since the Jeep is not exactly weatherproof, and can be used without a top, I am worried about guarding stereo gear against the elements. The deck is concealed underneath the dash, yet from underneath and behind it is not sealed. Also, could I keep the amp underneath the rear seat or in some kind of sealed container (what about heat)? Anyone have advise with this?

And finally, two quick questions: Any ideas on how to make the hood lockable?

And does anyone know how to mount a CD deck so that it is on an angle in the dash?

Thanks

Reply to
pedl2themetl

browse around this site

Look at their security consoles and their speaker / storage boxes. They will help keep your stuff dry, out of sight, and harder to steal. I think it addresses all of your concerns.

Reply to
Rusted