New Here

Hi all, I have just purchased a new vehicle and thought I would de-lurk and say hi. Here is what I,ve got: Body: '57 Willys Wagon. It's in great shape. Very little rust ,decent paint and trim. Interior is fairly complete. It is running on: '77 Chevy 3/4 ton 4wd P/U with a Small Block 400. Runs great, drives pretty nice.

I am looking forward to many fun projects and trips with it. I have been out of the auto project loop for a few years and it should be fun to get back into it.

I guess my first question is, do I even qualify to be in a Jeep+Willys newsgroup or club? Even though it is a '57 Wagon which is very cool, will I be shunned for not being "all Jeep/Willys"?

OK, my first serious question is: It came without setbelts(I understand they were an option then). What kind of setbelts could I put in? Can I do shoulder harnesses? Is there anything there to support them? Where would be the best place to get them?(I would like to go with new if I could.) How would I go about mounting them? Can I just bolt them to the floorboard along with the seats?

Thanks for the advice in advance. This looks like a cool group and I look forward to many fun experiences here and on/off the road.

Gregg

[...]

P.S. Sorry if this got doubled but I did not see it and posted succesfully to alt.test so I thought it must be me.

Reply to
Gregg

Hi G, Its an original Willys Jeep! =) Of course you wont be shunned.

Reply to
jbjeep

Welcome to the group.

Tom

snip

Reply to
mabar

Gregg, sounds sweet! I always liked the WW! I've seen some awesome 4x4 conversions, too. Have fun with your new toy/project! :-D

Reply to
TJim