New interior for Jeep 4wd "Safari"

Hi

A coworker of mine has a Jeep Wrangler Safari. He wants a new interior (dashboard and so on) in a new colour. Does anyone know a good website where you can purhase this?

Thanks in advance

Soren Jensen

Reply to
stj

I think your friend should figure out what he actually has.....

A Jeep 'Wrangler' can cover several different body styles from a YJ to a TJ and years from 87 up to 07 and I have never heard of a 'safari' model. Maybe some european design?

Mike

Mike Romain

"Sahara". People confuse these all the time. "Safari" is a full sized van from Chevrolet.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Or a Pontiac station wagon of years gone bye....

Dave

Reply to
DaveW

Yeah yeah :)

A might be a "Sahara" ;)

Any links to dealers with dashboards and so on?

Regards, Soren

Earle Horton skrev:

Reply to
stj

still no word on whether it's a YJ or a TJ... let's just skip the model years... round headlights or rectangles?

Reply to
Micah

Let's keep on trying shall we....

The 'sahara' is a trim package that can be on different types of Jeeps.

What 'kind' of Jeep is it?

What year?

These little goodies come in real handy.

But meanwhile, I have never heard of anyone short of the wrecker selling dashes. A new dash from the $tealership would likely cost more than the vehicle is worth, especially if it is a YJ 'sahara'.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@ao.dk wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Although I haven't seen any yet, the YJ is just old enough for people to start making aftermarket interior replacement parts. Based on my experience with other vehicles, the quality should range from perfect to doesn't even fit. TJ parts should be a little down the road.

Good hunting,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

What I learned to drive on that was (1971 model). That and the Gremlin... Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Hi again

Now I'm ready with the real information :)

It is a Jeep Wrangler Sahara TJ - year 2000. Does anyone now of a dealer which has parts like dashboards and so on?

Just to give Mike an idea of what a car like that is worth i Denmark where I live: The used car costs approx $35.000. Yes, we pay a lot of taxes :)

Thanx in advance.

Soren

Reply to
stj

A friend bought new TJ half doors and the aftermarket door panels came in one basic colour with a can of spray paint to match his Jeep's interior colour. I 'think' the paint came from the Chrysler Dealer, I will ask.

Mike

Mike Romain