New Problem...Engine Racing on startup

Hey folks,

Hate to wear out my welcome but I am stumped. I got the wrangler all put back together, new o-rings for the injectors, all buttoned up nice and tight. I crank the engine and it goes to full throttle, won't release. Have to shutt it off immediately. I thinking I may have screwed something up when I cleaned up the intake manifold with carb cleaner, maybe hosed a sensor. Any guesses?

FYI...99 TJ with the 4.0, 5 speed...if that helps.

Thanks....

Jerry S.

Reply to
Jerry Slaughter

Clean your throttle position sensor connection.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

You called it Bill. Loosened the bolts, re-aligned the intake manifold ant torqued down those bolts. Runs like a champ now. I do believe I picked up a few horses in the process. Didn't realize how poorly it was running these last few months. I can even hear the radio again...when the top is on.

Thanks for all the help again.

Reply to
Jerry Slaughter

Reply to