New tires for 2000 WJ

I am thinking about putting new tires on the 2000 Grand. The tires on now are Goodyear ST P225 75R16. This vehicle usually just gets highway miles, but we do get quite a bit of snow around here.

I was just wondering what other people have bought to replace the stock tires on the Grand Cherokee? Had better luck with a different brand / size? Thanks for any info.

Reply to
Bamafan

I put BF Goodrich Long Trail T/a's on the wife's WJ. 245/70-16. Much better than stock. I'm in NOLA though, I don't know about the snow characteristics. Jim

88 Grand Wagoneer 89 Wrangler 00 Grand Cherokee
Reply to
Jim Boucher

You can't go wrong with BFG A/T KOs. They are a little hard riding compared to some brands. but will get you around pretty well all year long, except for mud. Most OEM tires are chosen by the manufacturer to give a smooth quiet ride and good tread wear. Traction or versatility is rarely a major factor.

They look pretty good too, if that matters to you. They are a very popular choice for replacement tires.

John Davies spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies

Approximately 11/25/03 09:36, Bamafan uttered for posterity:

A 245/60-16 should fit, a 235/75-15 is available in more sizes. If you don't need the super ice traction of a silica or silica fiber gungho ice tread, the Michelin X AT and Pirelli Scorpion AT are pretty good all around highway/snow tires. Both have a less squirmy feel than the Goodyears. Michelin M+S is another candidate with reasonable snow capability.

Reply to
Lon Stowell