newbie question about cleaning....

I am a new wrangler owner, just finally got one when I was able to afford one. My question to the group is how do you clean the soft-top windows? Can you use Windex or something or is it best with just water and soap? Thank you for your time!

JEEP!

Reply to
Domenic Fontana

First Domenic, just remember that paper towels should NEVER be used on plastic windows, they will eventually scratch them so badly that the windows will turn opaque and yellow. Paper towels are made from wood products which produce millions of tiny scratches each time they're used.

A mild solution of soapy water is best, after the windows have been hosed off to get rid of as much dirt as possible first. Use a soft slightly dampened cotton towel or old t-shirt as a cleaning and polishing cloth.

Jerry

-- Jerry Bransford PP-ASEL N6TAY See the Geezer Jeep at

"Domenic Fontana" wrote in message news:5zt2d.20438$z_3.918@trndny07...I am a new wrangler owner, just finally got one when I was able to afford one. My question to the group is how do you clean the soft-top windows? Can you use Windex or something or is it best with just water and soap? Thank you for your time! JEEP!

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

My question to the group is how do you clean the soft-top windows? Can you use Windex or something or is it best with just water and soap? Thank you for your time!

First of all, set your posting width to 70 characters in Message Posting Options of your Newsreader program, so the line doesn't go waaay off screen ;)

Rinse with fresh water to get the surface grit off, then clean with a little plastic polish.

Use an old 100% cotton rag. Test the thread in the seams to make sure they are not polyester, which will scratch plastic. Unravel one thread and light it - if it shrivels into a small hard glob it's poly, if it burns cleanly it's cotton.

I have used Permatex Plastic Cleaner for may years and it's good stuff. I haven't used the Plexus brand.

John

John Davies TLCA 14732

'96 Lexus LX450 '00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro Spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies