NP-231 tc info and cross-ref?

The NP-231 transfer case on my 92 Wrangler (4.0L, manual tranny) is fubar and I'm looking for info to help me identify a bolt-on used or rebuilt replacement. Does anyone know of a site that has a good, detailed breakdown of the differences among the NP-231J cases so I can identify what Jeep year, model and motor/tranny combos will directly mount to my rig? There seems to be a good supply of TJ NP-231 cases at reasonable prices. With the improved, no-fluid-loss setup on some of these cases, what, if anything, is necessary to use one of these transfer cases on my YJ?

Although the temptation to upgrade to a flipped Dana 300 or the oh-so-pricey Atlas II is strong, my wallet is weak and plopping in a used NP-231 is by far the most cost-effective choice for getting my wounded Jeep back on the road right now.

Thanks!

Dave

Reply to
Mighty Monad