nuts. :(

Looks like it's time to go diging about in the ZJ again.

One of the rear doors power locks isn't working right. Even after cleaning and checking it still stalls out after locking/unlocking more than a few times. Either it's heat or a voltage/current problem. Hope it's not the lock solenoid cause that's one unit. Latch, lock etc. Probably bloody expensive.

Anyone ever taken one of these apart and actually gotten it to work again. :)

On the other hand the engine has now developed a stumble at about 1200 rpm. Thought it was the new tires or alignment but pulling error codes nets me an 11. Camshaft position sensor. The little bugger tucked up in the distributor.

At least I have a spare.

Hopefully it will survive till the weekend and I'll be able to put the scope on it. Record what it's like before and after.

On the plus plus side I have a nice stack of oatmeal raisin cookies and a large mug of coffee.

er. had. :( Back to the tin for another load.

Reply to
DougW

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

I wish. It's $108 from chryslerpartsdirect.com

Didn't take a photo but the latch and motor are one fist sized plastic/metal glob. Might be able to fit one of those though.

Then again I could just disconnect the damn thing and not bother with it. :)

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Not too badly but it does force me to always check that door and see if it is locked. More annoying than anything. It's disconnected right now since all it affects is the rear door.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

It survived and with any luck I put that runaway washer back where it belonged. o_O

Downside is I forgot about hooking up the scope till the distributor was out. Oh well.

piccies

No writeup yet, but I did find out a few interesting things.

1) I don't have a springpin remover but a allen tip socket works well if you have three hands to hold the distributor steady while you tap the pin out. 2) putting the pin back in is harder than taking it out unless you remember a conversation with a cowerker that retired 2 years ago and whip out a C clamp and block of wood. 3) No matter where you drop things they always end up under other things covered in spiderwebs. 4) There is always a spare part, always. The trick is getting it back in the proper location.

The idle is now MUCH smoother and the engine isn't stumbling. With luck that fixed the problem.

Reply to
DougW