O2 sensor? 89 YJ

OK, another question. During idle the stepper motor is constantly moving the needle in and out adjusting the mixture to the point of nearly stalling and back again. Could this be the result of a bad O2 sensor? Also I have a couple of vacuum ports on the carb that are not connected to anything, one is blocked and two are open. Where can I get a schematic of this carb (carter).

Thanks in advance, everyone here has been a tremendous help.

Reply to
Poe

Usually, if the O2 sensor is dead, the pins won't move. It sounds to me like the pins are trying to compensate for a vacuum leak (open vacuum port).

I'm sure Bill will shortly post a link for the vacuum diagram, so I won't bother looking for it for you. I know he posted one within the past month or so.

Reply to
Steve Foley

It is seeking a stable mix and the vacuum leaks are not letting it.

The Haynes manual for the CJ7 has a perfect carb diagram and anything else related to the 258 engine. The YJ book sucks.

Which lines are missing and which are blocked? I am pretty good with those carbs, maybe I can point you the right way.

Here is a link with the schematic for the vacuum lines, just click on the diagrams:

Mike

Poe wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Or maybe this one :)

Dale Beckett

This is what i've been looking for all these years, looking at these beautiful diagrams is bring a tear to my eye, sniff, sniff.

Thanks guys

Reply to
Poe