odd question: whats under the plastic of the steering wheel

on an 88 YJ. The plastic around the grip is starting to sweat from age. So I'm thinking of re surfacing with wood if there's anything to fasten to after the plastic is torn off. Might be a fun project. so has anyone seen the inside? is there metal runing inside the grip like most other old thin steering wheels? don't want to replace it with some crappy aftermarket racing type wheel, and I can't stand the current fat steering wheel designs.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Most are metal. You could drill a discreet hole to check.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Do that and you will let the lucky spirits out.

Reply to
Paul Calman

the airbag :-)

Dave Milne

I would be more concerned with evil spirits and pollutants.

It is well known that De-Troit and other auto parts producing towns have been quietly using polluted air to fill their tires and producing other products and shipping it out of town for years now.

Reply to
Billy Ray