OEM Brake pads for Rubicon

Gi'day Group I was at the Dealer the other day and decided to price some pads for my Jeep which will need to be replaced soon. It seems they have two kinds. The OEM pads are around 250 dollars, While they have a "V" series or something like that for 75 dollars. What is the difference? Why are the OEM so expensive? Am I better off to look somewhere else like Crappy Tire? Thanks in advance Frank

Reply to
FrankW

$250? Are those Canadian dollars or US?

At that price, you should get a kiss and a dozen roses ...

Go to the store and get new pads for about $50 per axle-set.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

If you can find them down there, Performance Friction pads are *very* hard to beat. They are actually slightly better at braking ability than the OE pad is yet they still wear well, don't usually squeal, and they produce very little brake dust.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

I second PF, the carbon metalic pads are what I run and they work very well even when hot or wet.

(although they are a bit grabby in heavy dew till they warm up)

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III