oil - 5w20

Wife just bought a Ford Focus today... Interesting looking under the hood, noticed oil was - 5w20 Great... now another blend to put on the shelf.

What's with 5w20 vs say our normal 10w30 ?

Reply to
ps56k

ps56k

5W20 is thinner in cold weather and flows better when warm, has lower shear strength and increases the milage by a teeny bit.

Check your service manual and the temperature range requirements.

Some folks I know run 5W30 but it's warm here. If you are in a cold climate you better stick with 5W20 for winter at least.

Reply to
DougW