Oil gage problem

Hello all I'm driving an '03 TJ with the 2.4L in it 35,875 Miles on it. Here's my problem - occasionally (more often when wet, but not always) my oil pressure gage in my cluster reads zero. I've had it to the $tealer and they turned the jeep on and said.. hmmm doesn't seem to be doing it right now... bring it back when it does it... I should have known...and you know that crap only happens at 11pm at night and on Sunday mornings... now, when it does it I hear no tapping - I've pulled the dip stick and see that the oil is climbing the dip stick tube (level that is on the dip stick it self) So I know it has some oil pressure. I strongly suspect that it is a short somewhere in the system. here's how you guys can help me... first anyone know where the oil pressure sending unit is on the block? I'd love to be able to find the short and seal it so that it stops. Second anyone have any suggestions where on the block I could attach a manual oil pressure gage. That would make me feel oh so much better when it does read zero and the manual pressure gage is working. Any help you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance ~Dave

o_o_o_o /| ,[_____], |¯¯¯L--O|||||||O- ()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯ )_)

Reply to
Closed

Closed did pass the time by typing:

That would be the cause. An open usually pegs the gauge. Your looking for a sensor similar to this one

that's on the I6. It's down by the oil filter. I believeyours is in the same location. Gonna have to defer the rest of your questions to someone that has your engine. good luck.

Reply to
DougW

thanks for the pic.. ~D

Reply to