Oil Independence Day 2006

High gas prices have created a new group of people - "pump grumblers." When pumping our high priced gas, we grumble words of resentment, while feeling powerless. We need gas, so we pay the price. Standing as a individual we are powerless, but together our voices would be heard. America is a strong, independent country. When John Kennedy proposed we put a man on the moon, a goal and time line was set. American determination made it happen. Let's apply the same initiative to independence of oil through alternative energy research and use. We already have brilliant minds who are making great strides towards this goal. Demand that the President stand up for us. Ask him to support Alternative energy to free us from oil dependence, starting today. Millions of letters cannot be ignored.

Write a paper letter before July 4 to the President. Urge friends and family to do the same. President Bush The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington, DC 20500 Down Load a letter at
this on or add a link to your web page. From: Linda
Reply to
Linda

Solar powered Jeeps?

Reply to
billy ray

Think Methane!!!

Reply to
Steve Foley

No, methane powered Jeeps will still create carbon dioxide that AlGore says caused the death of all the dinosaurs and the many ice ages.

Of course.... there is still that nagging question of who was running gasoline powered engines and using other fossil fuels hundreds of millions of years ago before those fuels were created..

Reply to
billy ray

"Millions of letters cannot be ignored."

You're kidding, right?

Reply to
Greg Johnson

If you want your letter read it should contain cash in small, used, untraceable bills.

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Face it, the age of cheap energy is gone, a victim of overconsumption of a limited nonrenewable resource, driven by an unsustainable population.

Whatever we fuel our vehicles with in 25 years, you can bet it will still be at least $50 a tank in today's dollars.

Brian

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Shafer beer?

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I wonder of any bills are untraceable anymore. It wouldn't be too hard to have the ATM record the serial numbers you just withdrew.

Any time a machine handles cash, it could easily record the S/N. It may not be perfectly traced, but 'they' (big brother, Homeland Security, Dubya) could find out where the bill was and when.

Reply to
Steve Foley

Of course the k00ks out there think there is a tiny RFID in the marking tape. Wouldn't make sense for small bills but for 100's it could provide a way of watching the borders for certain marked bills. ;)

Next time you have a bunch of ones take a look and count how many are folded longways. That's a bill that probably spent a small amount of it's life in a strip-club. At last count roughly 40% of the dollar bills I've seen exhibit this mark.

Reply to
DougW

Should we wonder how you know this?

Reply to
billy ray

No! I swear I fold 'em that way to keep the wind from blowing the tip off the table on the patio at Mateo's Cantina. Really. :-)

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

In article , DougW wrote: #Next time you have a bunch of ones take a look and count how many are #folded longways. That's a bill that probably spent a small amount of #it's life in a strip-club. At last count roughly 40% of the dollar #bills I've seen exhibit this mark.

If they were folded into something elaborate, with the patterns matching the denominations, but still flat, odds are they were used by someone who was blind.

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

billy ray did pass the time by typing:

It's a hobby.

Reply to
DougW

DougW proclaimed:

I guess checking $1 bills for traces of perfume beats trying to extract the coke out of the 100s...

Reply to
Lon

Yeah... the same Al Gore who is flying around on jets burning up God only knows how much fuel warning us about the dangers of burning fuel.

Jeff DeWitt

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

I thought he was flying around trying to hawk a pack-o-lies about how he is the only one capable of saving the earth. And.... no he has no interest in political office... at this time....

Reply to
billy ray