oil pressure gauge sending unit '03 2.4L

anyone know where the oil pressure sending unit is on my '03 2.4L TJ? I've got a gauge problem, I've checked the plugs in the dash without any sucess... I guess now I've got to find the sending unit. ~Dave

Reply to
Dave

Try the Neon group. I am not kidding.

Earle

***
Reply to
Earle Horton

Ya, I've used them before for some other things, the PT cruiser also uses a 2.4L, but, I've learned that some of the ports and such for the sensors are in different areas.... such as: I've got my aftermarket oil pressure gauge in the port that the Neon / or PT uses back of head on passenger side... ~Dave

Reply to
Dave

I know on the 97 it was on the passenger side close to the bottom and to the front of the engine. I had the same issue on the 97 the oil pressure gauge would drop to 0 on idle. the sender was the problem from what I understand it is a common problem with the 2.4l.

mike

Reply to
mike smith