Oil pressure switch - picture anyone?

Well...Autozone is at it again (I think). I'm attempting to do a simple idiot lights to gauges swap on my 1991 Cherokee 4.0 HO. So far what's holding up the show is that Autozone has sold me an oil pressure switch with a connector that looks NOTHING like the one I have in the Jeep currently (spade connecter offset from center). The one I bought looks like (o ) where o is the single round pin. Upon taking it back to Autozone and asking to see the sensor they sell for the idiot light, they show me one with a thumb-tack looking connector.

*Sigh*

So, long story short, any kind souls out there with a 1991 Cherokee that can e-mail me a picture of their oil pressure switch and connector?

Thanks!

-moitz-

Reply to
moitz

My son and I just did the gauge swap on his 89 Cherokee. We got the sensors at NAPA and the oil one was $32. It has a spade lug as did the idiot light one. Also it's about 3" long and about 1.5 inches in diameter. The temperature sensor has a screw fitting on it. Sorry but I just threw out the boxes with the napa part numbers on them today. The "new" gauge set we got even had a tack and it was only $17.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Thanks for the info. Suprisingly, my car-inept brother came to the rescue as well, he's got an '89 that was leaking oil from there and decided to try to replace it too. He ran into the same problems and came to the same solution you did (Napa instead of Autozone). So, I'm stopping by Napa on my way home from work today and they writing a nasty-gram to Autozone.

-moitz-

Reply to
moitz