Oily YJ 4.0L valve cover

Please help. My 95 YJ Sahara's valve cover started to be covered by an oily film after 55,000 miles or so. What is the cause of this? I had read somewhere the breather valve at the rear of the cover is to blame and should be replaced. Is this correct ? I keep my stuff in great condition and want to stop this if I can. I appreciate any help or advice you can give.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
jdhain

Check your air filter, is it full of oil?

Chris

Reply to
Christian Fry

Chris,

The air filter look's normal and is not full of oil.

Jeff

Reply to
jdhain

Sounds like it might be time for a new valve cover gasket. They eventually all start to leak around the valve cover on the 4.0L.

Terry

92YJ

Reply to
Terry Jeffrey