Olds V6/CJ5 Motor Mounts

Any of you guys know of a good source for motor mounts? I'm restoring a '61 Kaiser Willys CJ5. Previous owner installed an Olds Fireball V6, thinks it came from a '64. It is an Oddfire, suspect 198ci because it has the Rochester Monojet instead of the 2bbl as is found on the 225ci. But the blocks are the same, and I need the mounts. Passenger side mount is broken, about an inch lower than the left, so the engine leans to one side and is twisting the transmission.

The previous owner did all the work himself, but is 87 now and doesn't remember the details. He was fairly sure he used to stock Olds mounts and modified the brackets to fit the Jeep frame.

I've checked with a lot of websites and auto parts stores, but they all use the same computer database, which will get you going in circles. It contains errors (Olds Vista Cruiser shows an L6 when it is a V6) and it doesn't list motor mounts for older engines. I sent an e-mail to Kanter, hope to get a reply from them next week.

If any of you guys know of a good source for motor mounts, kindly post a reply.

Reply to
Bill Lahr

Maybe you could post a link to a photo of the mounts so someone could maybe ID them by looking at them?

Mike

Mike Romain

Bill, check out the forums section on the Early CJ5/Dauntless V6 web page-

A lot of the guys there have either V6 conversions or stock V6s, you'll get your answer there for sure (& maybe even your mounts) :).

H.

Howard Eisenhauer

Thanks!

Bill Lahr