? on buying new TJ with employee pricing deal

It seems like a good deal. The price started out as below invoice. Plus a $500 rebate, but I caught the dealer trying to add in a destination charge twice. Plus he told me he has to add a few other small things. All these little "fees". One was $250 another $50. I forget what he called them, but I don't remember these fees the last time I bought my jeep. It made a base Rubi come out at $2699 out the door, tax and all. Is this a decent price?

The dealer wrote me up the quote and took the $500 rebate off after computing tax instead of before. Is that the way it usually goes?

What about on a trade? Shouldn't the trade be taken off the price before taxing too?

Reply to
Jeff

Make that price $26991

If it was $2699, I'd buy 'em all!

Reply to
Jeff

The trade in shouldn't be taxed. The $500 rebate should be deducted before the tax also. Those fees are title and "documentation". When I bought my '04 after we had agreed on a price they told me the document fee was $300. I said I wasn't going to pay it. The sales manager said it was programed into the computer so I had him take $200 more off the sale price. The title fee is an estimate and will vary from state to state. I actually got a check from the dealer for $42 for an overage on the title fee.

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

Even my daughter, who has never bought a new car, can figure out that "employee pricing" isn't really employee pricing--unless you are an employee. Go over the small fees with a fine toothed comb. The last time I paid for a new vehicle, there was a $5.00 "promotion charge" or something, that basically paid the dealer to send me junk mail every time he had a sale.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

in Tx the only mandatory fees are sales tax 6.25% license fee 70-80 bucks title fee 33.00 and vit tax roughly 40-50 bucks on 26K purchase and state inspection fee 39.50 most all charge 50 doc fee for title fee as well but not mandatory

Reply to
Jeeper

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

not on vehicles

Reply to
Jeeper

No STATE income tax.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

What's a Democrat? ;)

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 > Don't you have any democrats down there??????????

Reply to
twaldron

Here we have "Liberal Democrats". They are very much against 4x4s or "Chelsea Tractors" as they like to hold them. If they get in, they would like to raise road tax (a yearly flat tax) to £2000 (it is currently

175-220). Left wing nutters.

Dave Milne

Here in Ohio the cash back/rebate that jeep is offering is also taxed. At least that's what two dealers told me.

Reply to
Jeff

You could always move to the colonies. We still have guns, and we still hunt foxes with dogs.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

A Texan who ran to Oklahoma.

twaldron proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

;)

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 >

Reply to
twaldron

I thought a Demoncrat was someone who didn't have the balls to stand up and admit they were a communist sympathizer..

billy ray

I think Democrats are people who want to have a social conscience with someone else's money.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

Actually, I have three foxes living in my garden; an adult and 2 cubs. I think pretty much they ARE dogs, and as I don't have any chickens, they are welcome to stay :-)

Reply to
Dave Milne