One More Time: Deep Water on Passenger Side Floor

I know it's been posted here ad nauseum, but you know how it goes... if it hasn't been a problem for you yet, you tend to not read about it. Anyway, this has been the wettest spring I can remember. We had a rain so hard a couple weeks ago, I had to pull off the road because I was losing my bearings completely! A couple days later, I noticed that it was very, very wet under the floormat of the passenger side of my '98 TJ. I figured that it had rained so hard that it must have poured in around the gaskets of the top-half of the half-doors. Cleaned it up and thought nothing more of it. But now yesterday, driving to work in an "average" rainfall. Floor had a good quarter to half inch of water on it at the end of the day. What are the typical entrance points and fixes? The floor drain plug seems pretty tight/secure.

Thanks.

Mark '98 TJ '98 XJ

Reply to
M. E. Bye

door seal, cowl drain blocked (it exits at the rear of the engine bay if you want to check it is clear - prod it with a welding rod to clear it) or air-con dripping condensation.

Reply to
Dave Milne

bet your cowl drain is plugged up.

Reply to
jbjeep

Yup. That must have been it. Checked it out and I pulled a handful of crap out of there. Thanks Dave and jbjeep!

Mark '98 TJ '98 XJ

Reply to
M. E. Bye