Oops

I made a big boo-boo.

Last night the wifey and I were talking Jeeps, and I mentioned in passing that the 07 Wrangler would be a redesign, with a 4-door version, with seating for five. She seemed mildly interested.

So today I showed her the pics of it in the latest Four Wheeler; she loved it. Now I might have to sell my TJ, because she doesn't want to get rid of her TJL. :-(

I have to think long and hard about Yes Dear-ing this one. I bought some time when I made the "you shouldn't buy a new design the first couple of model years because of the bugs" speech.

If I have to sell the TJ, I will insist on a manual trans in the JK.

OK, not insist....more like beg.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Ok, Matt...you are FAR more reasonable than this...it's not a husband/wife-boss/servant thing. The TJL would have to be the one to go in trade on the 4dr. Leave the SWB TJ at the crib. There will be no more....ever.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 > I made a big boo-boo.

Reply to
twaldron

Actually teh TJ is slated to be handed down to the oldest when he gets his DL, though he doesn't know it yet. So it will probably stay in the family.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

i gave up a lot when i got married, but not my nuts!

whats wrong with an auto?

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I think maybe you may have misplaced them on your first "move" to Montana!

Nothing, I prefer the manual to the auto off-road.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

that didnt require giving up something of mine to suit her. anyway my point was that if she wants one, have her trade her jeep for one. .......unless you secretly like the new jeep more than youre telling us. ;-)

personally i havent ruled it out yet. i dont like some of what ive seen, but im waiting to see one in person before i draw a conclusion.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Yeah, that's a tough call. You've got some nice vehicles. If you're going to hand down the TJ, you'll start jonesing for another Jeep inside

6 mos., if you haven't already purchased one...but personally, I'd always have to have a SWB one. The Excursion/F250 descision would be easy for me. Keep the F250. :)

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

And you call yourself married. :-)

anyway my point

Actually on paper it doesn't look so bad, V6 notwithstanding.

As I stated in an earlier post, I'll probably sell the Superduty if we decide to get one, but if we do it will be 08 model year at the earliest.

My whole original post was really a tongue-in-cheek statement on how far "Yes, Dear" can be taken.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Thing about the 250, it has just barely enough passenger room for the family (3 kids, 2 dogs); we traded the wifey's minivan for the Explurgin' , so we could have enough pass room and the towing capacity of the 250 in the same vehicle. That and the 250 gets 12mpg, while the excursion gets 20.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Well it will have first model year bugs, but after a couple of hundred hours red faced screaming at service representatives, they will all be fixed. Then you or you heirs will have the vehicle your wife wants. If she really wants it, then accept the inevitable sacrifices and go for it.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Oh, oh! Nathan's got a 'file'! ;)

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 >

Reply to
twaldron

The truck bed is just sooooo handy though! ;) Man, I can't believe that Excursion gets 20 mpg! I thought getting 14+ in my Titan was great.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

More Classic Nathan Collier -->>

I believe that this clip addresses the automatic transmission question.

And I believe that this one addresses the "other" question.

Cheers.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton
6.0L Turbodeisel. Now diesel prices are dropping compared to gas.
Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I live in Southeast Michigan, which negates the chances of getting a Japanese nameplate. :-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I saw an Excursion in Vitoria, Spain. I couldn't believe it, what with the price of fuel over there. "Look at me! I have more money than the Onassises!" I wonder how they got it? You have a decent fleet, but you need to get some older stuff, and an econo-car or two. Like this

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

We all have our own "file"! Sshhh!

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Sure sound to me like someone that had no clue how to drive an automatic.

All the automatics I have ever owned had this neat little feature called a shift lever. When I used to use it, I would actually be able to slow my vehicle down, especially handy on long mountain passes in the Rockies. Even better for real slow if you own a Jeep that has a low range. You can even get a 1st gear limiter for those.

But if you are so spooked you can't handle the thought of down shifting an auto, well maybe you shouldn't be off road to start or tackle any of them mountain passes. At least read up on the Darwin Awards so you know what you are getting yourself into.... ;-)

Mike

Mike Romain

"Matt Macchiarolo" wrote in news:nLadncXm0PBjK8_ZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Why not discuss it with her and then do exactly what she wants? Believe me, you'll be much happier in the long run!

"Watch out for a man who says he's boss in his own home because he'll lie about other things, too!" ;-)

Reply to
XS11E

heh.....youre obscession with me sure is cute earle. :-)

dont believe it does earle.....considering where im sitting right now as i type this. try again. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier