OT- A little

Well Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings,

The son just called he is back state side from Iraq for some R&R until after the first of the year. This was a total surprise because originally he had been extended while all the rest of his Company and come and gone for R&R.We will be heading up to the snow country and will be taking the TJ for Christmas and spend a couple of days, I do not want to Bogart his time he needs to spend it with the kids and his wife.

Since where we are going gets well over 150 inches of snow per year and often has white out blizzard conditions we will be taking the TJ packed with the following:

MREs Sterno with stove Water proof matches A couple fire starter bricks Water Blankets

2- Cold weather suits w/boots 1-external 5-gallon jerry can of gas Cell Phone and 2-way radio Hand held GPS First aid kit Emergency road break down kit Windshield washer fluid Break-down shovel Ice melt/sand mixture Tow strap w/o hooks 1-bottle of home made apricot brandy 2-sets of snow shoes

OK, The snow shoes may be a bit much but, I grew up in snow country so I am a bit anal. I once spent two days in my pick-up truck in sub zero weather cold and no food not the most pleasent experiance. But I did have snow shoes for all the god they would have done.

HarryS

Reply to
HarryS

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Merry Christmas to you, your son and your families.

Give your son a very hearty thank you for his service to our country.

Reply to
Matt Osborn

Thanks, we all appreciate the thoughts.

HarryS

Reply to
HarryS

Thank you for the kind words will pass on the thoughts.

HarryS

Reply to
HarryS

Have fun and give him one more thank you from me, too.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed