OT - Californian Pumpkins

Ok, I give up. Why drop a 1500 lb pumpkin on a bus ? Did it "seem a good idea at the time" perhaps ? or is "pumpkin bombing" a Californian speciality ?

Any help at understanding Californian culture, gratefully received :-)

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

"because it was there" :)

I have no idea.

As it will here. :)

Folks also shoot pumkins out of air cannons.

?v=q7KQJ3lAFHI

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Heh, that's why I called it californian culture.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

Dave,

Apparently you haven't kept yourself properly informed. California is another country, separate from the U.S.

Try to do better man!

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Another planet!

Reply to
XS11E

You should watch "Clever die Show die Wissen Schaft" on Prosiebensat1welt. It would show you that we Americans are by no means unique.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Love Babelfish's translation ability:

How does one open a weinflasche without korkenzieher? Why does butter bread fall in principle on the beschmierte side? Barbara Eligmann and it "scientific advisor" Wigald Boning go into the new Science-show "CLEVER

- the show, the knowledge creates" these and other questions of the everyday life after. With much expert knowledge and humor in large and small experiments and search actions questions and everyday life phenomena "are prepared".

Sadly, I d> You should watch "Clever die Show die Wissen Schaft" on Prosiebensat1welt.

Reply to
Dave Milne

It's a California thing, you wouldn't understand

Steve

Reply to
Steve

For anybody who like me is getting nothing but a Citibank ad from the tinyurl link, here it is on Youtube

J. Clarke

City band ad ? It should resolve to the BBC site:

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

It does, which for me plays a Citibank ad and then nothing.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Because you can.

This from someone near the home of Benny Hill, Blackadder, Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Syd Barrett, and the Bovine Trebuchet.

We take it you havent found the videos of the Buffalo Chip Tossing Championship yet.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Sorry old bean, no adverts when it plays here - straight into the news report. They must be doing some content switching based on your ip address.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

Classic stuff.

No, but somehow, I think I'll pass on that !

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

Don't forget the crafty Colin Glencannon. They used to have a UCSD pumpkin drop in San Diego, but the city stopped letting them do it from the parking tower downtown some years ago. Fun stuff.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Forget ? Never even heard of him ! Seemingly a a thirty-nine episode black and white British comedy and adventure series that ran for one season from

1957-1958. Sadly, it isn't available on DVD, so will just have to wait until they rerun it. Although it does seem like there is a book.

Sounds a bit like the tales of Para Handy on his boat the Vital Spark.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

A whole series of books by Guy Kilpatrick about a pre-WW2 Scottish ship's engineer.. Very funny stuff. I have never seen the TV show, but I doubt it did the books justice

Reply to
Stupendous Man

That's called a "translooseration".

Reply to