ot-f150 surging idle when cold

Sorry, don't know off the top of my head the specifics on the engine. It is injected; auto tranny. Anyway, it's my dad's. The rpm go up and down pretty significantly when it's cold. Once it warms up the idle is absolutely fine. I figure there's an issue with the automatic choke. Gummed up control switch? Partially plugged vaccum line? I'm sure someone here knows a lot more about what kind of switches and whatnot would cause this. I'll be down to his place on Sunday and would like to have a look at it then.

THANKS!!!!

Jo

Reply to
Jo

Might depend on the engine size, but on my old 4 banger 88 rustang I had when it started behaving this way it generally ment it was time to replace air filter, plugs (general tune-up) and once the problem got even worse and I even had to have f*rd replace the EGR valve. Like I said it worked on the

4 bangers, so I'm not sure if it will work on something bigger.

Snow... "down's another bottle of Sleeman's"

Reply to
Snow

can't see how a tune up is a bad thing...don't know how long it's been since the last one. Heh...

Thanks

Reply to
Jo