OT - I just got this in my email and thought I would share

WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO TURN ON THE TV AND HEAR OUR PRESIDENT GIVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?

My Fellow Americans:

As you all know, the defeat of the Iraqi regime has been completed. Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is finished.

This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now time to begin the reckoning. Before me, I have two lists.

One list contains the names of countries which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short. The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, and Poland are some of the countries listed there.

The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war.

The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.

Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France.

In the future, together with Congress, I will work to redirect this money toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home.

On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth. Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or maybe China.

To Israel and the Palestinian Authority. Yo, boys. Work out a peace deal now. Just note that Camp David is closed. Maybe all of you can go to Russia for negotiations. They have some great palaces there. Big tables, too.

I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis.

I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. You creeps have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers, and limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York.

A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change. Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. Since I will hav a couple of extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around, guess where I am going to put em? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your oil.

Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty --- starting now. We are tired of the one-way highway. It is time for America to focus on the welfare of its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying, "darn tootin."

Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America. It is time to eliminate homelessness in America.

To the nations on List 1, a final thought, thanks guys, we owe you and we won't forget. To the nations on List 2, thanks for nothing.

God bless America.

Thank you and good night.

(If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.)

Reply to
CRWLR

Jim85CJ

Funny, Many Canadians would say the same with regards to NAFTA as many of our first went south in to the States and then on into Mexico. True we may not have much of a Military (blame the dame tree huggin' Liberals) but boy don't you ever try to invade our malls.. we have one with a bigger sub fleet the our navy. :P

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Jim85CJ

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Bush already declared "mission accomplished" over a year ago. Since then, Congress has willingly approved additional funds. Unfortunately, Iraq is now in a state of complete chaos and comprises a much greater threat to US interests then it did before the war. Bush has managed to get us in a quagmire and quagmires and not easily gotten out of.

Actually, Spain has withdrawn from the coalition. Poland just abandoned two provinces in Iraq today and will get out soon. Australia did not participate in the invasion and has very few troops on the ground now. I wonder why such powerhouses as Albania, Angola, Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, and Palau are left off this list? They are all members of the coalition (at least on paper).

Ha, ha. Talk about misinformed. For FY 2004, the foreign assistance budget was about $18 billion. The war in Iraq has cost well over $125 billion and will end up costing a lot more. Only Enron's accountant (or Bush's budget analysts) would argue that cutting foreign aid would save enough to pay for the war. Moreover, most of the countries in the coalition are exactly the countries that receive aid. In fact, that is why they are in the coalition. That why it should properly be called the "Coalition of the Billing" rather than "Willing". Although Israel, the largest aid recipient, is not in the coalition. Of course, if Bush cut Israel's funds, he would be out on his butt in a New York minute (not that I like that reality, but it is reality).

Actually, a good portion of that money makes its way back to the US to fatten Americans. Ever heard of Halliburton?

Good call. France has a more generous aid program.

Great move.

Does this apply to Bin Laden? How come we have 10 times the troops in Iraq than Afghanistan?

Kiss our jeeps good-bye I guess :-( DC is a German company, remember?

This last sentence is non-sensical. The article is in English. In what other language could it be read?

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Heh, if you are talking about Bin Laden, how come we have none in Saudi ?

And if we are talking about world peace, what about North Korea, suppliers of armaments to Iran, Iraq, Libya, China, Peru, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, the Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Madagascar, Mozambique, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. Perhaps because although they may not have many nuclear weapons, they do have a ICBM delivery system (Taepodong), and as with all ICBMs nobody has worked out how to shoot them down - figure on losing a major city or two if they can deploy in time.

Dave Milne

Well, if that's the best reply of which your are capable, I think you are well ahead of me as far as being a loser is concerned. If there is something factually wrong, or even an opinion with which you disagree, then point it out. Otherwise, you look like nothing more than an ignorant blowhard to me.

Reply to
Jeff

I think both of you are dickheads. :-) (I try to not discriminate.)

Reply to
Shaggie

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
Daniel Bibbens

At it again Bill? Can't respond to the point so you attack the person? As usual. Seems to me you implied similar things to many folks whenever you get cornered.

Trolling for the explosion. Lets see if he can just let it lie there! Not a chance. Heh, heh.

Cheers.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
RoyJ

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Absolute nonsense. Why don't you write to a few of the troops over there and discover what is really happening?

Reply to
Matt Osborn

Got yer facts wrong on foreign aid bub...18 billion? we give 10 BILLION ALONE to israel...

And there is a lot more to "foreign assistance" then just money...subsidies and other assistance pump it to well over 60 billion a year...the war in Iraq is just a blip on the radar.........

Reply to
trailboss

Actually he didnt declare mission accomplished till a few months ago...the thing didnt even start till february (the rest was buildup)...that was only

6 months ago on MY calendar...

Reply to
trailboss

It WOULD, in fact, be great. Would you help a neighbor who gave you crap all the time and worked against you? Called the building inspector everytime you picked up a hammer? The animal control officer every time your dog barked? Who robbed, or maybe let someone rob your house and talked trash about you all the time?

Hell no...And as a Nation, we shouldnt either.......

Reply to
trailboss