OT: oil pressure question on 92 GMC 350

Recently the oil pressure gauge in my 92 GMC (350 efi) has been acting up, or the oil pressure itself has been acting up. Here is what's happening:

After driving for a length of time (30 mins or greater) the oil pressure gauge will fluctuate. If the gauge reads low when I stop and turn the engine off you can smell a hot smell, if the gauge reads hi or even normal when its turned off there is no smell.

Where and how would I go about testing the actual oil pressure. ???

TIA Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Ha! I can answer a GM question(only worked on 'em for 20 years so far). The oil pressure sender is on the back of the block next to the distributor. Remove the sender and screw a manual gauge in it's place. Might check and see if the sender's leaking first...if so you wouldn't have to worry about the manual gauge test.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLTC 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep Wrangler YJ TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51, SPONGER#2

Reply to
Old Crow