OT Totally: Eating Giant Cave Spiders on Fear Factor!

I fell on this show while channel surfing last eve. Giant African cave spiders, eaten live. Man, what people will do to win a mazda. Anyone else get to witness this?

Reply to
Jeepers

Jeepers did pass the time by typing:

Seen my pet spider? ;)

It's only a mere 4 inches across.

Reply to
DougW

Approximately 9/30/03 14:45, DougW uttered for posterity:

Damn.

I used to keep a pet tarantula on a thread when in the army, but not so much because I loved tarantulas as that the first sergeant hated them.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

DougW, I literally JUST saw a HUGE one of those on my way into an appointment...

Reply to
Joe

In article , "Joe" wrote: Jeepers piggybacked onto:

We have those all over the place, here in South Texas. Beautiful gal, she is. This year we had one make her web across one of our bedroom windows. Neat.

Just don't ask me to eat one, live.

The ones on the show were FAR uglier. Fuglier!

Reply to
Jeepers

Garden spider right? I used to live out in the sticks and we had these all over the place (I think they were too big to get in the house Thank God!). I called them the "Guardians of the Corn", because when we kids would play around running through the corn field, you'd see these HUGE webs strung between the rows... Usually at the VERY last second causing your feet to come out from under you in an effort to stop, which usually put you squarely on your back.

Good times. td

Reply to
Tyler Dirden

Tyler Dirden did pass the time by typing:

Yep. And when you get close they shake the web to scare you away. If that fails they drop to the ground and hide. For a big spider it's sorta wimpy. :]

Argiope aurantia (Black and yellow Argiope)

Reply to
DougW

Yeah, it was nasty! All for a Mazda(!!!)????

Here are some pics of the mean little critters:

ih8tspam2

We got lots of those when we lived south of Austin... 'banana butt' spiders, we called them. They were wimps when you knocked 'em off the web and the garden spiders got to 'em. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

Figures it was a tailless whipscorpion from Honduras. They were told they were "cave dwelling spiders from Africa".

Either way... yuk

Jeepers

That's right, I forgot about the web shaking thing... That and the four legged posture was cool. It made them look like a giant spider. td

Reply to
Tyler Dirden

Reply to
mic canic

What would you do to win a Jeep?

Reply to
Jeepers

I'd "do"

to win a Jeep..

Reply to
Joe

I've seen that link before. Someone, bought a Jeep from her twin.

I'd eat a Bell:

Jeepers

would eat it in a minute if it took me an hour.............

Reply to
Carlo Jr.