OT yes! a white christmas afterall

on the return trip from montana, the wifey really liked rapid city, south dakota. while we had planned on waiting until after the school year ended to make _any_ moves, recent acts of violence in my neighborhood has made the wifey hate it here as much as i do. as we "shopped around" for places to go we ruled out from texas to new york, and for some reason rapid city kept coming up. well, the wifey has been hired by a cardiac surgical team that works the sturgis/deadwood/rapid city area and she is expected to start on the 10th of november. ive just leased a house in the south dakota badlands (_everybody_ takes paypal!), so it looks like the blackhills will be my home for awhile. i have friends and family in sidney montana that went and checked out the house for me so we expect to make the move some time around the 1st. of november if all goes well. with ellesworth afb right there it shouldnt be hard for me to find welding contracts and im already making the phone calls.

thanks to everyone who has given me local info over the past......well......year or so.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

. ive just leased a house in the south dakota badlands

Good luck Nathan, I'm jealous, ~3-4 more years of slaving keeping the County buildings equipment working and my wife and I are out of this town, heading for somewhere smaller, friendlier and snowier. Dave Shannon snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (Spring Valley CA) '01 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Reply to
Dave Shannon

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Congratulations! Good luck with the contract search and the move. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Nathan Collier did pass the time by typing:

For some reason the phrase "white christmas" got me remembering a url.

heh.

Reply to
DougW

congrats! - and better luck on the move this time :)

-Steve 98 TJ

Reply to
Goat Crapp

Cool. It's a nice place. Can my friends and I camp in your yard for Bike Week? ; )

Reply to
Paul Calman

Approximately 10/17/03 17:31, Nathan Collier uttered for posterity:

I suppose we could take up a collection to buy you a Jackalope Hunting License.....

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Lon Stowell did pass the time by typing:

DougW

Approximately 10/17/03 18:41, DougW uttered for posterity:

Not as informative as

Lon Stowell

thanks dave!

dont be....load up the jeep and c'mon. :-)

exactly!

Reply to
Nathan Collier

....not _yet_. :-)

Reply to
Nathan Collier

thanks nathan. ive got friends and contacts on bragg that will make it easier to secure.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

thanks steve. we're doing it a lot different this time. ill get it all on my own even if it takes a few trips.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

lol.....bring beer and women.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Approximately 10/17/03 19:13, Nathan Collier uttered for posterity:

Is also the timber and mining stuff out there uses a lot of welders.

Or you could start making sissy bars for Hogs and just work a coupla weeks up in Sturgis every year selling them to computer salesmen during the annual Harley migration.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

do they contract welders or hire their own in house?

lol...now theres an idea!

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Nathan, that's great to hear!

Best of luck with your move this time!

Tom

Reply to
mabar

thanks tom. i learned a few things the last time around that i plan to apply here.

1) fly the family in. 2) do not use uhell 3) dont leave anything valuable in the cab of the rental truck at the hotel 4) refuse to travel in gasoline powered moving truck 5) get a house BEFORE the trip (already done) 6) avoid uhell
Reply to
Nathan Collier

Hey Nathan...I finally made it home. It's about midnight cajun time. Wish we would have linked up before I left NC to go wheel. I'm sitting in my garage have a beer and a cigar trying to wind down from the flight from hell. It's always good to get home.

Good luck with the move. I hope this one is less eventfull than the last one. Being so close to Sturgis I'm guessing you'll be getting the two wheel ride you were talking about at breakfast. Anyway, it was good meeting you and I'll keep in touch.

Take care...Casey

Reply to
Casey Teague