Our local Jeep "dealer"

I went out for a little drive today just to kill some time before the football game. So I drove to our only Jeep dealer within 60 miles which is located in town. They had 8 ( yes 8) Jeeps on the lot. One Wrangler, three Libbys and four Cherokees. So now I am thinking to myself, God what a Podunk town I live in. So I get back home and figure I'll go check out the web and see if they have a site. They do, kinda....., sorta.....

This made me quote the late, great Buddy Ebsen playing Jed Clampett, "Pityful, just pityful."

Chris

Esty

Offer to redesign their site for $$ off on a new Rubi. ;-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Well you are in the U.P. of Michigan. I LOVE it up there. I used to work Mackinac Island in the summers and on my time off travel around and take in the sites in the U.P. Seems like the whole U.P. is either state or national park. I did some camping and boy, if I had a jeep at that time it would have been great.

bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

LOL Eric, I thought about that too, but they probably don't even know what a Rubi is!

Chris

in all fairness, you cant judge the quality of the dealership by the stock they have on hand. last year i wanted a rubicon. problem is that i had an '02 mustang gt that i paid $26,000 for 6 months prior. i went to my local "5 star" dealer who offered me $16k for a 6 month old $26,000 car. $10k depreciation in 6 months??? aside from the insulting offer, they wouldnt budge below sticker even if i sold the mustang out right and bought the rubicon without a trade. prior to this we had purchased my '00 sahara from them, my wifes expedition from them, my wifes xj from them, and another vehicle. i said to hell with them and vowed to never purchase from them again. i took a trip some 30 miles south to lumberton to peterson toyota. they had 2 wranglers (1 rubicon, one "x") and a few grand cherokees. not only did he give me right at $20k for my mustang, but he also sold me my rubicon below sticker. the salesman tried slipping in an extended warranty and gap coverage on us, but that was a bad salesman, not a bad dealership (they issued an immediate refund). i would certainly buy from them again.

i attempted to swap my rubicon seats with the owner of an '02 tj that happens to be a mechanic at that same 5 star dealership. he also bought his jeep at another small town dealership for that same reason.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

I agree Bill, it is great here for the outdoorsman. We have just about everything you could want, including the cold weather, lol. It sounds like I am bitching, but I really do love it here, it's just that certain things are an inconvenience, like finding a decent Jeep.

Chris

Actually Nathan, I wasn't really badmouthing them completely because of the inventory, but since they are the only Jeep dealer within a 60 mile radius of a population of about 100,000 people including all of the outlying areas, I would think they could have more than ONE Wrangler on their lot. And this was a used one at that. The real reason I dislike this dealer is that I bought a car from them about 10 years ago and the alternator went bad 2 days after the warranty. They wouldn't go good for it, but I had them change it anyway. The day I went to pick the car up they were putting the alt. in. This was 3 days after I brought them the car. Anyway you can watch the mechanics through a big window, and guess what. I see a massive shower of sparks coming from the car because the guy is putting the alternator in with the battery connected, and he grounds the wrench to the engine! This car was never right after that. It used to all of a sudden charge at over 20 volts for no reason and then go back to normal. I had it to several shops to try and find out why, but no one had any luck. Anyway, after 5 months I ended up trading the car in on a new one and losing my ass on it. This place has been a true horror for many people, to the point of people putting big lemon decals on their vehicles and driving around town with a sign that said "Another Lemon for M&M Motors". These guys really are the Rush Limbaugh of car dealers.

Chris

Chris:

"The Rush Limbaugh of car dealers" Never heard that one before. Since I agree with much (not all) of what Rush has to say, to me that's a compliment. I don't think you want to compliment that dealer.

Tom

snip

Reply to
mabar

OK, how about Pee Wee Herman then? ;-)

Chris

twaldron

OK. :)

Tom

Reply to
mabar

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

It was nice, wasn't it? Odd to hear someone take the blame for their actions and not try to blame someone else...

Reply to
Joe

I think you mean "hot air."

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Let's wait till after the arraignment to see if he really takes responsibility....

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)