Parking brake cable in 88 Jeep Comanche

First off, just wanted to say thanks for the info in this group. I was recently able to fix my high idle speed when starting up my Comanche. Turned out to be the Idle Speed Stepper Motor which was (once I found the Torx drivers my wife had taken into the house) a 15 minute fix. I'm sure my neighbors appreciate your input too! :)

Anywhoo, I posted in here awhile ago about adjusting the parking brake cable on my Comanche, because it wasn't holding on any real slope. I kinda just learned to live with it; set it in first, put on the parking brake, and life wasn't too bad.

But now, the cable broke just at the pedal. I've got the new cable, but I can't for the life of me find out where it runs from the cab of the truck to the back wheels. Seems like it should be pretty simple, but no... Anyone got a diagram, or pictures? My FSM doesn't cover things like this, apparently.

Any advice appreciated.

Clint

Reply to
Clint

Bill will fix it for you if you have a goat he can "borrow" for a little while.

Reply to
Kate

Cable runs down behind the kick panel, along the driver side door under the plastic panel and carpet. It then runs under the carpet under the seat to a hole near the center of the rear of the cab. From there, the cable and housing run to a bracket above and just forward of the rear axle where it connects to a saddle yoke and the two wheels cables.

When mine broke, I just pulled the end of the cable out, drilled out the ferule and brazed it back on. Figutre it can break twice more there before I run out of cable to work with - much faster than replacing the whole cable assembly which requires pulling the seat, carpet, and rear trim panel .

Reply to
Will Honea