Part # for Oil Pressure sending unit

Hi; I own a 98TJ,but my question is not about my jeep. I am looking for **part numbers** for

  1. water temperature sending unit.
  2. Oil pressure sending unit(hopefully up to 100 psi).
  3. Oil temperature sending unit.
From Autozone or Discount Auto.

I built a 10KW Diesel generator and I am monitoring it with a microcontroller w/LCD. I Do not need the guages,only the sending units. I want guage **Not** light sending units. I do not care what type of vehicle they are for. Thanks My98TJ

Generator Page

my98tj

Not really our cup of tea, but I'll take a shot: Won't the parts you use depend on what fits your diesel plant? I'd take the existing parts down to your local retail shop and chat up the oldest-looking/least pimply person there (degree of reliance on the computer system and age seem to be related) . Tell them what you're doing and have them pull some boxes off the shelf to compare to your parts. I can't think of any non-commercial vehicles that use an engine oil temperature gage. Tranny temp sender perhaps?

Well off-topic: How are you controlling frequency? Your frequency will wander with engine speed, and engine speed will vary with load.

-- "I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with whips....r" R. H. Draney recalls AFU in the Good Old Days.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

The diesel currently does not have any sensors so I may add any type I wish. I created the controller so I can characterize any sensors. The diesel has a great govenor that holds 1800 RPM the turns the 1800 rpm genhead. I have a Freq counter and it holds 60Hz great. I ask here because there are a lot of motorheads that probably spend a lot of time at the parts stores ;) My98TJ

Reply to
my98tj

Our local parts store sells a generic mechanical oil pressure sender for something like $15.00. Likely they all are the same basic pipe thread size or you can get brass size adapters.

I don't think the temperature sender for the 258 is expensive.

Here is a page on the Jeep sensors and their outputs/readings.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Your limitation is the thread-count/diameter of the available fittings on your motor.

I would suggest you look to aftermarket guages for the parts you are asking about. VDO makes some excellent guage sets, and there are others that escape me right now. Oil pressure and tempurature are not specific to the engine, so any quality aftermarket parts should suffice.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

What kind of uP are you using? A stamp? I'm working on a OBD2 reader for my jeep...but have not been eager to sit in the truck with this cold weather. So it's on the shelf until it warms up.

Reply to
SteveBrady