Part needed: 90 Wrangler bellhousing grommet

I have an 87 Wrangler with an AX-15 conversion. I have the internal slave/throwout bearing and the hydraulic line and bleeding lines enter and exit through a hole in the bellhousing. There is supposed to be a grommet for the hole, but it is missing. The Jeep part is 53009045, but Chrysler no longer has it available. The bellhousing came from a 90 Wrangler, I believe.

Anyone know where I can get one? The few junkyards around do not have it.

Respond here or mail to jeepgrommet at teichholtz dot com.

Thanks -David

Reply to
David Teichholtz

The one on my MJ was missig when I got it and the line was abrading on the lip, so I split a piece of rubber hose to slide over the line. Worked fine until I swapped out the internal slave (that's the real fix) after 2 years.

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

The 5300 9045 is a grommet for the AW4 Cherokee, Wagoneer or Comanche and is associated with the 4 cyl Engine. Are you sure this is what you need?

The 5300 4909 is the part number for the same grommet, assoc w/ the

6 cyl Engine 1987-1989.

The 5300 5129 number is for the 1990.

Reply to
Peter Parker